Having a nice, functional and pretty website is often the only thought but what about letting people know you exist on the internet? With over 3.5 billion web-pages all gunning to be ‘seen’ it is important to ensure that you can reach your target audience.
Getting ‘seen’ is not rocket science and it’s far from an exact science. It takes time and patience working with your website and the search engines to ensure you get listed in the right spot.
SEO is the art of optimising your website so that it will get found by the search engines (robots and spiders), using target phrases and keywords associated with your brand, products and services.
It’s useful when performing SEO to have a good knowledge of:
- Website development and design
- Search engines
- Keyword research and analysis
- Keyword competition research
- Link building analysis
Typically SEO works to improve your ‘organic’ listing in a search engine. That is, when a potential visitor enters a keyword or phrase relating to your site, you get listed in the search results.
Another opportunity to ensure you get listed is by using Pay per click (PPC) which is a form of paid online advertising. Using PPC has advantages some of which are:
- Targeted – Customers looking for your services using keywords or phrases see your advert so you get the most from your budget
- Trackable – Campaigns are tracked allowing you to continually make the most from your money and see what trends occur with your marketing campaign
- Easy Start – Whilst normal SEO for organic listings takes time (weeks and months), PPC advertising can be set-up and made live in a couple of days so you’ll instantly see results
- Control – unlike organic listings, PPC costs money. You can however set budgets, view reports and maximise your Return on Investment (ROI)
Other areas that we think sit naturally within SEO and PPC are the use of social sites, blogs and micro-blogging such as Twitter.
Burnt Pixel offer SEO and PPC management services, from a one-off PAYG type approach to a monthly fixed contract where we work for you behind the scenes raising the profile of you and your brand.